The PTO’s mission is to contribute in building a rich supportive environment for students as the PTO works in partnership with the administration, teachers and parents of Avon Grove Middle School. This will include, but is not limited to:
a. Support the School in its mission;
b. Promote communication and mutual respect among parents, faculty and administration;
c. Support the educational and social objectives of the school through PTO-sponsored programs;
d. Provide direct financial support to the school through organized fundraising events;
e. Provide financial assistance to programs that directly impact teachers and students;
f. Organize community-building events.
What to expect in 2023/2024...
The PTO will be supporting transition camps, new spiritwear shirts for all AGMS teachers and staff, designated funds for all teams, Teacher and Staff Appreciation meals and gifts, transportation funds to offset field trip costs for all students, Student motivators, outdoor furniture for new building courtyard as well as hosting Gift Card Bingo, Boosterthon and the Handball Tournament and more to come...
PTO 2022/2023 Support Highlights...
That’s a wrap on the 2022 – 2023 school year! This has been a rebuilding year, but I am so thrilled to have been a part of the PTO. The entire board has worked so incredibly hard to ensure that the new Avon Grove Middle School PTO will be starting from a great place for the upcoming school year and beyond. Here are a few things that we were able to organize and provide for our students, teachers and staff.
• Welcomed our new Principal, Ms. Lear
• Organized and facilitated transition camp.
• Provided breakfast and t-shirts for our teachers to kick off the school year.
• Supported both 7th and 8th grade teams with funds to help with team building and related activities.
• Organized dinner for the teachers for both spring and fall conferences.
• We brought gift card bingo back for the first time in years!
• Welcomed our new Assistant Principal Mr. DeEmilio
• We were able to bring the handball event back to FSEMS for the first time since 2020.
• We celebrated our teachers during teacher appreciation week with a dessert buffet.
• We were able to recognize our amazing Assistant Principals, Principal, Counselors, administrative staff and Nurse during each of the nationally recognized day for their roles within FSEMS.
• We were able to help defray the cost of several special trips for the Life Skills program.
• Organized multiple opportunities for parent volunteers.
We are thrilled to see what the upcoming school year brings and can’t wait to see the new Avon Grove Middle School. The PTO has worked tirelessly this year to be able to secure funding for future student enrichment!
I know that Joy Fox, Loni Moore, Carrie Milano, Katelyn Ihrig and myself could not have done this without the support of our FSEMS parents!